Graduate Automation Engineer
Your new company
The company provide and install a wide range of plastics ancillary equipment for material storage, conveying, blending, colouring, drying, magnetic tool clamping, parts conveying, sprue separation and granulation of scrap.
In addition, the company provide metal fabrications and recycling products and services. Their sister company provide shredders, granulators, pulverizers, washers and dryers for MRF's, PRFs, waste transfer stations and other waste management operations.
Some of their products have traversed the boundaries of the plastics sector such as vacuum conveying systems and other bulk handling machinery. The products suit a wide variety of materials including grains, powders, and granules
Your new role
As an Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for software and PLC programming, on site commissioning, supporting the technical department with required drawings and periodically support various products and automation equipment in house and at customer sites, working closely with the Technical Automation and R&D team, Technical Manager, Technical Sales Engineers, and Lead Engineers to deliver the best possible products and support
The Automation Engineer will be a dedicated team player who strives for improvement and wants to integrate and contribute to the success of our business. Individuals who are enthusiastic, energetic, and proactive in finding solutions to problems even beyond what's in front of them will be well suited to this role and our future vision.
You will assist sales and technical teams with advice with possible site surveys before an order to understand and contribute to a PLC design and instrumentation when requested on a given project, communicate BOM to the technical department as required to other departments, take ownership of tasks and projects assigned to you, prioritising your work and ensuring efficient use of resources. Ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety instructions, maintaining a high level of excellence, and striving for continuous improvement within the department to aid the advancement of Summit Systems.
As part of the technical team, you will be involved in high-profile projects and working with the team to best effect solutions, you will be required to offer technical support or assistance to the Lead Engineers as required throughout the life of the projects.
Duties will include:
* Creating bespoke drawings and solutions and compiling bill of materials.
* Work to and suggest improvements to the technical design teams working methods.
* Monitor and prioritise tasks, maintaining records on Microsoft Dynamics NAV and CRM.
* Encourage team interaction, creating an increased appreciation of the work undertaken benefiting the working environment and business.
* Conform to CE and UKCA requirements for the technical department, ensuring all certificates have been produced and provided to the customer and engineers as required for smooth operations.
* Overseas travel may be required.
* Assist the Head of R&D with company R&D projects, take ownership of projects assigned.
* Help develop new technologies.
What you'll need to succeed
* Degree (2:1) in an appropriate STEM Discipline.
* Current driving licence without disqualification, and UK/EU Passport.
* Excellent ICT skills and use of Microsoft Office, Ability to adapt to bespoke in-house system.
* Understanding of industrial electrical controls Inc. good understanding of PLC/Automation.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, English fluency is essential.
* Team spirit and a desire to make the role their own, recommending and implementing changes to better the role, design team and business.
* Ability to multi-task and provide the best possible products to internal and external customers.
* Strong communication and inter-personnel skills - the ability to communicate technical information (Inc. to people who are not familiar with engineering terms).
* Working as part of a team on site when required.
* Liaise with customers and suppliers to create plant integration.
* Undertake company projects to create bespoke systems.
What you'll get in return
£25,000 + benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.