Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping several exciting infrastructure projects for a global engineering consultancy based in Glasgow?
As a Highways Engineer, you will join the transportation division the covers all aspects of design and management from inception to project delivery and support.
Within this role you can expect to work on local infrastructure projects as well as UK-wide projects for both private and public clients.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, technicians, and other professionals, you will be responsible for the delivery of work packages that form part of the overall highway design which will include producing 3D models, drawings, reports, and specifications to relevant standards.
- Supporting the Project Team in designing highway schemes.
- Preparing 3D models and scheme drawings, from feasibility design through to detailed design.
- Utilising 3D design packages such as Civil3D and/or Open Roads.
- Ensuring tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Co-ordinating the highway design process and integrating with other design disciplines within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working alongside Clients and stakeholders on technical aspects of projects.
- Keeping up to date with current methods and design guidelines.
HIGHWAYS ENGINEER PROFILE
Your experience should demonstrate the successful design of projects meeting programme and budgets targets.
Your communication skills and teamwork should be excellent, and you should be self-motivated and able to support project managers and senior engineers in delivering projects.
- £32,000 - £37,000
- 7% Pension
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank holidays
- Volunteering days
- Clear career pathways with dedicated training days
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
When you hit apply your CV will land in my inbox, at which point, I'll arrange a suitable time to discuss this opportunity with you over the phone.
I'll disclose the name of my client on that initial call, and if you are happy to proceed, only then will I forward your details to my client and arrange an interview.
I may have other similar opportunities on the horizon (not yet advertised) which can be discussed at this point.
If you would rather talk to me before sending a CV, please don't hesitate to call Conrad Consulting (Edinburgh office) and ask for Connor Sandison!