Are you keen to relocate to beautiful New Zealand and join the McConnell Dowell family to help deliver our high-profile projects across the water, marine, and rail sectors?
Having recently been awarded high-profile and complex projects across Auckland, we’re seeking Section/ Site Engineers with a range of experience in civil engineering.
What’s on offer:
- An opportunity to grow your career in a diverse and inclusive organisation.
- We’ll help you move across the globe with relocation assistance including flights, temporary accommodation, and relocation of household goods and personal effects.
- Full immigration support to manage the visa application for you and your family (if applicable).
- Work for an internationally recognised company with an impeccable reputation for completing complex and iconic infrastructure projects.
About the role
The site Engineer is responsible for ensuring the effective coordination and control of engineering works through the activities of technical, engineering, inspection, scheduling, planning, survey, procurement, and quality control.
- Ensure project deliverables meet with CEP(s) (Construction Execution Procedures), JSEA(s) (Job Safety and Environmental Assessment), and ITP(s) (Integrated Test Plan)
- Management of project team, subcontractors, and local labour crew
- Adherence to company safety, environmental and quality policies, and procedures
- Ensure all plant is maintained regarding the suitability, safety, operating condition, and cost-effectiveness
- Build trusted relationships with suppliers, Government, and Commercial partners
- Prepare and supply monthly, weekly, and one-off reporting
Here's what you'll need:
- A tertiary civil engineering qualification
- A minimum of 3+ years civil engineering within water, marine and rail sectors
- A demonstrated strong commitment to safety Ability to work in remote locations
- Competent in negotiation and relationship building accompanied by a good understanding of contract management and cost control
- Flexibility and resilience in dealing with complex issues
McConnell Dowell is the Creative Construction Company for customers who want to build better communities through safe, smart, efficient infrastructure. For over 60 years, we have built thousands of quality assets for our customers and communities across New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
Our purpose of ‘providing a better life’ and values – Safety & Care; Honesty & Integrity; Customer Focus’ Performance Excellence and Working Together – are part of our identity and help to attract the best and brightest in our field. Our culture is founded on expertise, creativity, and progressive thinking.
New Zealand and Pacific projects include the Pukekohe WWTP, Warkworth to Snell's Transfer Line Pump Station, Old Mangere Bridge Replacement, and the Australian Defence Force Pacific Port Upgrade Project.
Thinking about a change? McConnell Dowell’s Managing Director and Recruitment Lead will be in London from 2nd of August – 11th August and would love to talk to you about exciting opportunities they have.
McConnell Dowell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, who actively embraces culture and workplace that is diverse and reflective of the communities and geographic environs we serve