Are you keen to relocate to beautiful New Zealand and join the McConnell Dowell family to help deliver our high-profile projects across the water, marine, and rail sectors?
Having recently been awarded high-profile and complex projects across Auckland, we’re seeking Sub Agents/ Senior Project Engineers with a range of experience in civil engineering.
What’s on offer:
- An opportunity to grow your career in a diverse and inclusive organisation.
- We’ll help you move across the globe with relocation assistance including flights, temporary accommodation, and relocation of household goods and personal effects.
- Full immigration support to manage the visa application for you and your family (if applicable).
- Work for an internationally recognised company with an impeccable reputation for completing complex and iconic infrastructure projects.
As Sub Agent/ Project Engineer reporting to the Project Manager you will:
- Promote total job safety and environmental awareness by employees, subcontractors and all persons in the job vicinity and stress to all employees and subcontractors attaches to safety and the environment.
- Develop and oversee inspection practices of Site Engineers to ensure effective and satisfactory progress and completion of all work areas for the project.
- Monitor and co-ordinate the preparation maintenance and change of construction schedules, methods, manning charts and equipment requirements. Advise on actions to be taken to prevent or improve undesirable trends in progress.
- Prepare reports on progress, manpower and costs and co-ordinate the work scheduling and procurement, and other reports required by the Project Manager.
- Ensure the currency and accuracy of information for schedules and reports; provide timely submission of reports and project schedules.
- Tertiary qualification in construction/civil/mechanical engineering;
- A minimum of five years engineering experience in the construction industry with a demonstrated success in delivering to $ targets, timeframes, planning and logistics management;
- Specialist experience in project engineering and a working knowledge of project management;
- Competent in planning and organising work schedules and a demonstrated ability to deliver to timelines;
- Sound working knowledge of HS&E requirements and implementation of same;
- Strong and clear communication skills with proven ability to engage others.
McConnell Dowell is the Creative Construction Company for customers who want to build better communities through safe, smart, efficient infrastructure. For over 60 years, we have built thousands of quality assets for our customers and communities across New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
Our purpose of ‘providing a better life’ and values – Safety & Care; Honesty & Integrity; Customer Focus’ Performance Excellence and Working Together – are part of our identity and help to attract the best and brightest in our field. Our culture is founded on expertise, creativity, and progressive thinking.
New Zealand and Pacific projects include the Pukekohe WWTP, Warkworth to Snell's Transfer Line Pump Station, Old Mangere Bridge Replacement, and the Australian Defence Force Pacific Port Upgrade Project.
Thinking about a change? McConnell Dowell’s Managing Director and Recruitment Lead will be in London from 2nd of August – 11th August and would love to talk to you about exciting opportunities they have.
McConnell Dowell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, who actively embraces culture and workplace that is diverse and reflective of the communities and geographic environs we serve.