Are you keen to relocate to beautiful New Zealand and join the McConnell Dowell family to help deliver our high-profile projects across the water, marine, and rail sectors?
Having recently been awarded high-profile and complex projects across Auckland, we’re seeking Design Managers with a range of experience in civil engineering.
What’s on offer:
- An opportunity to grow your career in a diverse and inclusive organisation.
- We’ll help you move across the globe with relocation assistance including flights, temporary accommodation and relocation of household goods and personal effects.
- Full immigration support to manage the visa application for you and your family (if applicable).
- Work for an internationally recognised Company with an impeccable reputation for completing complex and iconic infrastructure projects.
About the role
This position is a pivotal role within our business, providing the critical link between our design and construction teams through both pre-contract and delivery phases. The role will involve the development of advanced engineering concepts and management of technical and commercial risk as they relate to civil, structural, marine and tunnel construction.
- Governance – ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and standards in relation to design and engineering activities conducted on tenders and projects.
- Customer Relationships - develop design partner relationships in order to elevate McConnell Dowell as a partner of choice.
- Winning Work - support the tendering and winning of new work through sound and compliant design management practices, innovative engineering solutions, methods and techniques which provide a competitive advantage.
- Project Delivery - support the delivery of projects through sound and compliant design management practices and engineering solutions which drive economic, programme and risk management outcomes.
- Continuous Improvement - contribute to continuous improvement of design and engineering management to become more competitive in winning work and more efficient in delivery
- Tertiary engineering qualification.
- A minimum of 15 years engineering experience in the construction industry with a demonstrated success in managing design consultants to time and cost targets, engineering standards and contract requirements.
- Strong leadership and communication abilities.
- Competent in negotiation.
- Ability to form and maintain external consultant relationships.
- A demonstrated understanding of contract management and cost control.
- A demonstrates flexibility and resilience in dealing with complex issues and an ability to deploy sound problem-solving methodologies.
- Self-sufficiency and requiring minimal supervision.
- Strong oral and written presentation ability.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, organise and motivate others.
- Demonstrated team ethos and strong work ethic.
McConnell Dowell is the Creative Construction Company for customers who want to build better communities through safe, smart, efficient infrastructure. For over 60 years, we have built thousands of quality assets for our customers and communities across New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
Our purpose of ‘providing a better life’ and values – Safety & Care; Honesty & Integrity; Customer Focus’ Performance Excellence and Working Together – are part of our identity and help to attract the best and brightest in our field. Our culture is founded on expertise, creativity, and progressive thinking.
New Zealand and Pacific projects include the Pukekohe WWTP, Warkworth to Snell's Transfer Line Pump Station, Old Mangere Bridge Replacement, and the Australian Defence Force Pacific Port Upgrade Project.
Thinking about a change? McConnell Dowell’s Managing Director and Recruitment Lead will be in London from 2nd of August – 11th August and would love to talk to you about exciting opportunities they have.
McConnell Dowell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, who actively embraces culture and workplace that is diverse and reflective of the communities and geographic environs we serve.