Due to an influx of projects, a Structural Engineer is required in Glasgow for a UK-wide engineering firm. This role offers a wide range of challenging and complex projects for private and public clients.
This consultancy is employee focused and wants to ensure that all staff feel valued, and this is achieved by providing regular in-house training, frequent salary reviews and internal promotions.
As a Structural Engineer you will join a dynamic and skilled team where progression is assured for the right candidate. This consultancy has a low staff turnover with many staff staying for their whole career from grad to director and beyond.
Your duties include but are not limited to
- Preparation of Structural Calculations, specifications, reports, and general correspondence
- Production of construction drawings using CAD
- Brief and supervise junior Technicians
- Liaise and communicated with external professionals and clients
- Attend site inspections
- Ability to design in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber
- Good working knowledge of - TEDDS, Fastrak Building Designer, CSC Structural Office etc
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable managing own workloads
- £37,000 - £42,000
- 5% Company pension
- Paid professional memberships
- In-house training
- Hybrid working options (2/3 days in the office)
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
When you hit apply your CV will land in my inbox, at which point, I'll arrange a suitable time to discuss this opportunity with you over the phone.
I'll disclose the name of my client on that initial call, and if you are happy to proceed, only then will I forward your details to my client and arrange an interview.
I may have other similar opportunities on the horizon (not yet advertised) which can be discussed at this point.
If you would rather talk to me before sending a CV, please don't hesitate to call Conrad Consulting (Edinburgh office) and ask for Connor Sandison!