Our Skanska Costain STRABAG joint venture team is working in partnership with HS2 to deliver the new London tunnels from Euston to West Ruislip. Our joint venture team is working on sites at Euston, Old Oak Common and West Ruislip, building tunnels 13 miles long and up to 50m deep, supporting delivery of HS2 phase one.
We are looking for a Senior Environmental Advisor to join our HS2 team onsite in London. You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the construction and handover phase of the HS2 Main Works Civils Contract.
* Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the contract's operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented on the project
* Identify and provide training and upskilling required to fulfill environmental responsibilities of various delivery team roles.
* Undertake basic managerial duties, assigning tasks and providing support to Environmental Advisors, graduates and apprentices
* Identify and communicate environmental and sustainability risks and mitigations, assisting with the review and undertaking writing of plans, risk assessments and method statements
- Environmental advisory experience in the environment and construction industry, ideally projects in rail, highways or tunneling
- Good organisation and time management skills, able to work independently and off their own initiative.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Environment and Sustainability, driving innovation and a desire to positively influence and develop those around them
- Degree or equivalent in Environmental Sciences or suitably applicable fields