Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care and salary sacrifice schemes
The natural resources of Wales provide us with clean air, clean water, food and shelter. They give us all a better quality of life, opportunities to enjoy the outdoors against the backdrop of Wales’ natural beauty and are part of Welsh culture, heritage and language.
At Natural Resources Wales (NRW) we’re passionate about sustainably managing our natural resources and enjoy working in the mountains, woodlands and beautiful landscapes of Wales.
The post holder will join the Integrated Engineering team who, amongst other programmes, design and build the roads and infrastructure in the Welsh Government Woodland Estate to allow the careful management of this valuable resource.
As a Civil Engineer you will deliver projects which facilitate the extraction of timber from our forest estates. You’ll be involved in the design, management, construction and maintenance of forest roads, bridges, culverts, junctions and tracks in our forest estate.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in civil engineering contract management & project planning & understanding of NEC3 form of contract.
- Knowledge and understanding of CDM2015 and construction Health, Safety & Environmental risk management.
- Knowledge of forest road construction (wet bound macadam) and of working in a rural / upland environment.
- Knowledge of concrete and timber bridge construction techniques.
- Knowledge of Forest and Water Guidelines (V5) and the European Water Framework Directive.
- Knowledge of the Quarry Regulations (1999) and quarry management procedures.
- Knowledge of CAD packages such as AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of MS Project.
- Knowledge of Project delivery via framework contracts.
- Knowledge and Experience of managing team/individuals.
- Experience of compiling tender documents/drawings.