Water, Land and Biodiversity (WLB) assets located across the Wessex area help the Environment Agency manage and monitor the environment. The team’s objective is to install, catalogue, monitor and maintain our diverse WLB assets and meet health and safety regulations.
We are seeking an Asset Management Advisor to lead the delivery of our WLB asset maintenance work. The role requires an enthusiastic person who enjoys working with others, improving our asset management and our ways of working. The post will require someone who is self-motivated, organised and enjoys improving ways of working. There will be some fieldwork and liaison with contractors.
- Managing the maintenance/refurbishment of our assets to ensure that they are safe, operational, resilient and legally compliant
- Responding to emergency maintenance requests
- Liaison with internal stakeholders and contractors on the maintenance program activities
- Working with local teams to identify ways to improve program delivery, sustainability, resilience
- Project management activities and CDM Regulations (Construction Design & Management) role responsibility
- Managing maintenance budgets
- Supporting the maintenance of an inventory of local assets through our new Asset Management Information System and a new method to understand local asset condition
The team sits within the Wessex Environmental Monitoring and Fisheries Department and are involved in delivering whole-life asset management and ensuring the delivery of the Asset Management Strategy. Projects include cataloguing our assets, compliance with our legal obligations and delivery of capital and revenue projects. Reporting to the WLB Asset Management Team Leader, your workload will largely be guided by the area WLB Technical Lead. The team is split across the Blandford and Bridgwater offices.
First-class communication skills are a must and it’s important that you are skilled at managing multiple priorities and varied workloads. You will be an intelligent problem solver, with a methodical work approach. You will be expected to work flexibly according to the demands of the role and improve our way of working with multiple teams.
You may have worked for an asset management organisation or contractor and been directly involved in projects or the delivery of asset maintenance work. Exposure to engineering projects is desirable.
- Programme or project management experience is essential
- Health, Safety & Environmental experience
- The ability to deliver through others by developing good relationships
- Organised and good at tracking the development of projects
- Understanding of Construction Design Management
- Comfortable using information technology
- You must be able to swim and have a full UK driving licence.
Contact and additional information
We are fully committed to having an inclusive workforce to reflect the communities we serve. We welcome flexible working for all our vacancies, please include information regarding your preferred working arrangements on your application.
You will be welcomed into the team and you will be given all the training and support you need to succeed.
The Environment Agency offer an extensive range of employee benefits.
A full UK driving license is required for this role as occasional travel is likely.
For further information about the role please contact Andrea Simpson, WLB Asset Management Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click 'Apply' to visit our website.