Our client is a large global-scale multidisciplinary engineering consultancy that looking to add an experienced Civil Engineer to their central Edinburgh design office on a permanent basis.
The consultancy offers a wide range of intriguing and complex infrastructural projects throughout the UK and across Europe.
As a Civil Engineer, you will join a modern Edinburgh office that is experiencing a period of growth due to many project wins in the healthcare, biotech, defence, custodial, rail, industrial, commercial, and food & drink industries.
At present, the design office is working on a large custodial facility, a local hospital and various other infrastructure projects.
While developing your career and progressing through the organisation, you will be allowed creative freedom to produce Civil infrastructural designs, attend site visits, lead projects on occasion, and mentor junior engineers.
All the above can be done from the comfort of your own home 2/3 days a week
- Take a proactive approach with clients to ensure that the best solutions are provided.
- Demonstrate competence in civil engineer scheme analysis and design
- Develop, implement, and monitor scheduling and reporting programmes
- Attend site visits and project status meetings
- Provide advice, mentorship, and support to junior engineers
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Chartered or near chartered level
- Experience with various design packages, AutoCAD, Civils3d, WinDes, Micro drainage etc
- 3+ years' experience in a similar design consultancy
On offer is a competitive package
- £35,000 - £40,000
- 7% Company pension
- Annual professional subscriptions
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual Bonus
- Cycle to work scheme/ season ticket travel options
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
When you hit apply your CV will land in my inbox, at which point, I'll arrange a suitable time to discuss this opportunity with you over the phone.
I'll disclose the name of my client on that initial call, and if you are happy to proceed, only then will I forward your details to my client and arrange an interview.
We treat your information with great care and will never send your CV without your prior knowledge/consent.
I may have other similar opportunities on the horizon (not yet advertised) which can be discussed at this point.
If you would rather talk to me before sending a CV, please don't hesitate to call Conrad Consulting (Edinburgh office) and ask for Connor Sandison!