An Assistant Structures Engineer (Bridges) is desired by a large global-scale engineering consultancy based in Glasgow.
As an Assistant Structures Engineer, you will join their Infrastructures team as they have recently signed a large contract with Transport Scotland.
The new project will last for at least five years and will include work on a variety of infrastructure and bridge projects across Scotland.
You will be responsible for everything from the design of new active transport bridges to the assessment and refurbishment of the country's most iconic bridges as an Assistant Engineer.
AN EXAMPLE OF A TYPICAL WEEK
- Assist with a variety of design tasks
- Conduct structural inspections
- Complete feasibility studies and produce technical reports
- Develop design drawings
- Prepare carbon and whole-life cost estimates
- Support the development of graduate engineers and technicians
- Ensure that innovation and best practice are highlighted and adopted where possible
- Conduct bridge assessments
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Working towards IEng/CEng status
- Experience within a similar role
- Confident using software such as AutoCAD and similar software
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- £35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
- 7% Company pension
- Flexible working options
- 24 days annual leave + Bank holidays
- Company rewards scheme (negotiable)
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
When you hit apply your CV will land in my inbox, at which point, I'll arrange a suitable time to discuss this opportunity with you over the phone.
I'll disclose the name of my client on that initial call, and if you are happy to proceed, only then will I forward your details to my client and arrange an interview.
I may have other similar opportunities on the horizon (not yet advertised) which can be discussed at this point.
If you would rather talk to me before sending a CV, please don't hesitate to call Conrad Consulting (Edinburgh office) and ask for Connor Sandison!