About PZ&W Ltd
PZ&W is a well-established Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy located in Salisbury providing practical and professional services principally, but not limited to, the communications industry covering Antenna support structures and their associated infrastructure. Our client base includes manufacturers and installers, systems integrators and international facilities management companies serving the Defence, Communications and Broadcast markets.
Within our primary and secondary fields, we undertake the design, appraisal and inspection of a range of structures of differing design, type and material. Examples of which include guyed masts, self-supporting towers, radomes and wide span and explosive buildings.
We look to form long term relationships with Clients by working closely as part of their team for individual or multiple projects. This helps us to better understand their specific requirements and enables us to be more proactive in the delivery and maximise the benefits of the projects.
Staff development we view as our principal objective enabling us to provide the practical professional service the clients need and to this end, we look, with our staff, to mutually develop a programme of office and site work linked to inhouse and external training to the benefit of us, our staff and clients.
About the role
PZ&W are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and practical thinking civil / structural engineer with strong communication skills to join the company. When starting out in this role you will be undertaking but not limited to the following tasks:
- Assisting senior members of the company with various elements of structural design and with CAD drawings
- Carrying out structural inspections on a variety of structures mostly communications related but may include buildings.
- Preparing detailed reports covering design and above inspections.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Hold a 2:1 or above in either Civil or Structural Engineering
- Good understanding of the Eurocodes most notably steel & wind
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience of design both hand calculations and FE plus report writing
- Motivation to achieve chartered status (to which we shall support)
The following outlines some points which are required in this role:
- Be willing to travel to a few of the overseas sites we work on.
- Following training be willing to climb structures up to heights of 100metres.