A Quality Team Leader job based in Newcastle under Lyme paying up to £45,000 per annum DOE
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working alongside our globally recognised client in the recruitment of a Quality Team Leader to join their successful manufacturing operation based in Newcastle under Lyme. Our client support their customers in developing the correct product to meet their requirements and this role will be pivotal in the future success of the quality division.
Your new role
In your new role as Quality Team Leader you will oversee an area of the quality department and lead on areas including departmental meetings, projects, and operations. General duties in your role will include:
- Manage the customer interface for all related quality matters.
- Communicate and escalate supplier performance and quality failures to the customer when required.
- Lead regular quality and escalation meetings with customer departments to review quality and performance.
- Evaluate and negotiate requirements directly with the customer.
- Support supply chain for issues relating to logistics including transport etc.
- Ensure audits are correctly managed within the warehouse and on assembly lines, ensuring all rules and compliance to standards are adhered to.
- Checking conformity of products and effectiveness of corrective/preventive actions.
- Following-up with the customer on re-worked products.
- Training and coaching within the team as required to ensure the best possible performance.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 7.50am - 4.30pm with an early 1pm finish on a Friday.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will:
- Ideally be qualified to degree of HNC-level within a related engineering discipline.
- Possess a background within the automotive sector, although this isn't absolutely essential and candidates with experience in related industries and environments may also be considered.
- Have vast experience across all core quality tools and problem solving techniques.
- Key experience in building strong customer and supplier relationships.
- Be comfortable working with a degree of flexibility to support other departments as and when required.
- Have a background in training and coaching and a desire to develop your team.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive an excellent basic salary of between £40,000 and £45,000 per annum, 34 days annual leave including bank holidays plus the opportunity to earn more annual leave accrued through years of service, an annual bonus of 7.5%, and enjoy the benefit of a flexible working policy including the opportunity to work from home.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.