Your new company
My client is one of the leading names in the field of hydraulic modelling and shaping the dialogue within the UK
and internationally in how urban drainage can be effectively managed in the future. You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team with a national remit to work with a variety of clients including water companies working on major projects and be part of a team that develops cutting edge digital services to its clients.
Your new role
The Asset Planning team carries out a range of projects in the clean and wastewater sector, including
drainage network improvement schemes to relieve flooding and pollution problems, wastewater and clean
water modelling, sustainable drainage design, SOAF and WFD investigations, Water Quality Modelling
and analysis to support operational improvements.
This role will involve working on feasibility studies, computer analysis and engineering design, completion
of technical tasks as appropriate to complete the works, site visits and liaison with clients, contractors,
stakeholders and other professional bodies.
- Development of sewer system models to investigate deficiencies and generation of outline solutions.
- Development of 1D and 2D models to investigate flood risk and flooding mechanisms.
- Analysis of sewerage related operational data.
- Support development of technical reports and other project deliverables.
- Undertake site asset surveys for physical and condition assessments.
- Prepare (and adhere to) health and safety risk assessments.
What you'll need to succeed
- BSc/BEng Engineering (or related e.g. Geography) degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous demonstrable experience in wastewater modelling using InfoWorks ICM.
- Experience of InfoWorks 2D / ICM, InfoNet/InfoAsset.
- Experience of MapInfo and/or ArcGIS.
- Experience of undertaking DWMPs.
- A good understanding of UK water industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Desire to learn and develop technically and work towards a professional qualification.
- 2-4 years' water industry experience.
- Experience working with software such as FME, Power Bi, and/or programming tools such as Ruby, Python and Visual Basic.
- Knowledge of local water client specifications.
- Experience of working in a partnering environment.
- Full UK driving license.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary DOE
- Flexible working options
- Training and chartership support
- Flexible benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.