Our client is a thriving independent consultancy, with a busy Oxfordshire based office, who have an exciting workload consisting of a wide range of development infrastructure schemes. They currently seek to appoint 2 x Civil Infrastructure Engineers at the following levels:
1 with 1 / 2 years + experience
1 with 4 / 5 years + experience
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
- Site audits and feasibility assessments.
- Growing civil engineering expertise as well as maintaining and developing Client relationships.
- Management, leadership, support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Experience preparing drawings using AutoCAD.
- Experience carrying out design of foul and surface water drainage systems using MicroDrainage.
- Experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack.
- Experience using ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc.
- Experience of negotiations with highway authorities, drainage authorities and Environment Agency.
- Knowledge of national guidance such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, etc.
These are exciting career opportunities with a forward thinking, dynamic consultancy. A generous salary will be offered (negotiable, depending on the candidates ability, but likely to be in the region of £28-42,000 p.a.), together with plenty of opportunity for continued career progression.
Contact : Ian White
Willis White Associates (Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Consultants).