Your new company
My client is a worldwide building materials company with a localised focus in the UK. They are constantly evolving in order to become more flexible in their operations, more creative in their commercial offerings, more sustainable in their use of resources, more innovative in conducting their global business, and more efficient in their capital allocation.
Sustainable development is embedded in their core business strategy and day-to-day operations. They seek to build a smarter world through a simple and focused model that follows three main lines of action: Operational efficiency, managing their footprint & engaging their stakeholders.
Your new role
This is an exciting role with plenty of scope for someone to come in and make it their own, this is the first instance of the role being available. You'll be identifying and developing added value opportunities across the UK, for the client's legacy landfill site portfolio.
You'll hold and/or develop an in-depth knowledge of UK related legislation, regulation and funding opportunities relating to land use, re use and re-wilding etc. that may be beneficial across the legacy landfill land portfolio now and in the future.
You will also work closely with other members of the legacy management team to assist in identification of opportunities and solutions that improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of the client's activities.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Establish a legacy site database compiling historic knowledge, ownership boundaries and operational restrictions from which development opportunities can be identified, subsequently explored and easily accessed;
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders to identify site opportunities with the potential to add value and bring business plans forward for approvals;
- To support in the development and implementation of related projects;
- Working as a team player, proactively seek and assist in developing continuous improvement within the legacy landfill operations.
What you'll need to succeed
- Technical understanding of sustainability issues and solutions;
- Proven business development & client management skills;
- Strategically minded;
- Industry experience in landfill or land management or similar;
- Excellent communication, able to defend innovative decisions;
- Full UK Driving License.
- BSc Geography or Environmentally driven equivalent;
- Knowledge of post-closure landfill responsibilities;
- Knowledge of UK related, relevant legislation;
- Understanding of risk management requirements;
- Understanding of the changing landscape around land use, circular economy etc.
What you'll get in return
- Circa £40,000 p/annum;
- 8% Annual bonus for hitting targets;
- Car allowance & mileage;
- Flexible working options;
- New role with unlimited potential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.