Your new company
A prestigious & international company with 21,000 employees worldwide, and conscious of the company's impact in the communities which they live and work. Their vision of the future is to incorporate the concepts of sustainability more fully into their daily operations. Some of their clients include; Uk MoD, Amazon, Sainsbury's and various local; authorities, housing and retail.
Are you an ecologist looking to strengthen your experience across a diversity of projects with the support of an experienced team of ecology experts? Are you ambitious to develop your technical skills and career in line with a defined career pathway that follows the route you choose?..
Your new role
As my client builds on its demonstrable track record as one of the leading global, multi-disciplinary, environmental consultancies, and ambitions to grow their UK presence to emulate the success of the global business, they are looking for an ecologist to join their established network of over 50, with the motivation to develop their field skills across a broad portfolio of projects, including data analysis and technical reporting.
You will be proactive in developing relationships with colleagues from across the business, liaising with the wider ecology team and other technical teams, and supporting them through all stages of a project. They pride themselves in their ability to offer professional ecology advice across a breadth of sectors including Residential, Defence, Energy, Government Services and Transport.
Examples of projects currently being worked on in the south-east:
* Surveys, licence applications and mitigation works for five species of bats, including hibernation and maternity roosts;
* GCN and water vole mitigation works at a firing range;
* Ecology chapter, HRA and biodiversity net gain assessment for a new garden village;
* A dormouse licence application for a small residential development;
* Ecology surveys and management plans for SANGs - Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace;
* Typical survey and mitigation projects include Phase 1 habitat surveys, bats, reptiles, great crested newts, badgers and birds.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll have strong field experience and ambitions to develop your technical skills in line with project requirements.
What you'll get in return
- Negotiable and competitive salary;
- Various flexible benefits;
- Cars or car allowances to every member of the team regardless of grade, including for personal use;
- Selective projects based on interests;
- Bat handling licence incentivisation scheme to thank ecologists who spend time and effort in achieving their licence;
- To show support of personal development, they award a significant financial bonus to anyone achieving Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist status through CIEEM.
With support from the regional and national ecology teams, and in line with their defined career framework, you will develop your expertise across many areas of ecology although you will also be able to choose to develop skills in a particular technical specialism if desired.
They have technical leads within the national team who can mentor and provide advice and they show their support for professional development through the provision of training, and bonuses for achieving bat licences and charterships.
Projects will predominately be focused in the south-east region including into East Anglia. However, they operate fully flexible, hybrid working which allows their ecologists to choose where, how and when you work as long as their clients are receiving the high-quality service they expect.
They are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced or compressed hours and flexible start or finish times. They can offer a range of solutions to help you get the most out of your work / life balance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.