principal Rail safety assurance ENGINEER
£60,000 - £80,000 per annum + plus benefits (Permanent)
DERBYA company are looking for experienced Railway Engineering Safety Professional to help them deliver their independent rail safety assurance services within their Transportation division. They work from a range of locations in the UK. The team works predominantly in the UK rail domain with some work internationally.
They work on many of the major rolling stock delivery and modification programmes including HydroFLEX, ETCS fitment and Sheffield Tram Train, as well as numerous smaller projects. They support each other to deliver and develop, including taking an active role in various technical and employee forums.
Becoming a Principal Safety Engineer with them will provide you with opportunities to:
* Lead the delivery of assignments with large levels of complexity from start to finish.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships both internally and with clients (including networking to create new relationships).
* Take a leading role in the development and sharing of knowledge across the team, and mentoring and developing other staff.
* Collaborate with both internal and external customers to deliver.
* Engage with stakeholders to ensure that their needs are understood, and shape our services in response.
* Support bid writing and pricing to win work.
* Manage quality, programmes and budgets for project delivery
* Continuously develop your skills and competence to maintain professional qualification.
* Be a role model for others with regards to fostering an inclusive, collaborative culture and meeting our business's processes, policies and values.
* Inspire a continuous improvement culture and be a lead contributor to improving internal processes, sharing knowledge and solutions that drive innovation and further develop the wider business, and providing technical steer.
They are looking for systematic thinkers with a proven level of understanding of Engineering Safety methods, process and legislation in the railway industry.
You should have significant evidence of experience within a number of key areas from:
* Leading application and management of Engineering Safety Management within the rail industry in accordance with the Common Safety Method for Risk Evaluation and Assessment Regulations.
* Undertaking Independent Safety Assessments
* Delivering Assessment Body services
* Experience of authorisation of multidisciplinary rail and rolling stock projects.
* Undertaking audits.
* Developing and implementing independent assurance strategies across programmes.
* Reviewing Safety Cases, Safety Justification Reports and Hazard Records.
Preferably you will have familiarity with NTSNs and NTRs application to either Rolling Stock or Infrastructure projects.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity then speak to Andrew Sparks at Conrad Consulting email Or call 02038542961