We are working with an award winning multi-disciplinary consultancy with an interesting and varying project workload, which focuses mainly on commercial, retail, education, health and residential.
Their busy and growing infrastructure team have an exciting opening for a Senior Civil Engineer with at least 5 years' experience of working on a broad range of infrastructure projects. The successful engineer will become an integral member of their skilled infrastructure team and help with their expanding workload on a full-time permanent basis. Although this role will be based in their Bristol office there is also the opportunity this company fully supports hybrid working.
- Working under the supervision of the Principal Engineer in the production of schematic/concept designs and detailed design calculations within defined project timescales,
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs,
- Undertaking drainage and SuDS designs using MicroDrainage or Causeway Flow,
- Directing technicians in the production of AutoCAD drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue,
- Liaising with other disciplines within the company (i.e. structures and geo-environmental) to ensure design is fully co-ordinated,
- Developing relationships with clients and other professionals with the aim of identifying and securing new project opportunities and helping to expand the discipline,
- Production of flood risk assessments and drainage strategy reports for planning.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- Ideally a Chartered or near Chartered Engineer,
- A minimum of 5 years' post graduate experience,
- Must be IT literate and technically competent,
- Must be able to produce reports and technical notes professionally and to a high standard of English,
- A good understanding of the planning process including agreeing planning conditions and discharging them,
- Proficiency in Civil 3D software is essential,
- Experience of external works/roads/cut and fill is essential,
- Knowledge of flood risk assessments and drainage strategies for planning,
- Knowledge of Road Construction Consent submissions, with knowledge of Section 56 submissions.
- Good understanding of industry standards, practices, regulations and health & safety.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer, who is passionate about design, to work on a range of fantastic projects and offers a clear career path with a competitive salary & benefits package.
To apply, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.