Amazing CDM opportunity with loads of great benefits!
Your new company
The CDM Advisor (CDMA) role sits within the Health & Safety Team of In-House Services and Estates (IHSE). IHSE uses a Strategic Vision to ensure that all projects and programmes demonstrate benefits against a set of targets covering a range of objectives. Amongst these are the wellbeing of estate users (including construction teams), staff training & skills, commissioning, handover, and post occupancy evaluations following project completion and the implementation & use of the Building Information Model & Digital Twin. The IHSE Health & Safety Team comprises several safety professionals who are collaborating closely with stakeholders across the estate to develop local arrangements aligned to ISO45001 and maintain compliance to the corporate safety management system. They also provide assurance to senior stakeholders that the system is appropriate, effective, implemented, and compliant with the CDM Regulations. Systems must be proportional and appropriate for all services provided by the department, including construction and maintenance operations.
Your new role
The post holder will be one of a team of CDM Advisors (CDMAs) within the IHSE Central Safety Team and will report to the IHSE Assistant Director of Health & Safety. This is predominantly an assurance role but will also where necessary support the development of effective arrangements across IHSE. The role is essential given the number of projects undertaken simultaneously, the nature of work and the live environment in which work is carried out. The post-holder will play a key role to:
- Aid the development, implementation, improvement, and oversight of local safety
- management arrangements, construction safety management and associated
- documentation across IHSE for work that is covered by CDM.
- Support project leaders/supervising officers to fulfil the client's duties under CDM for
- their construction projects, including any additional CDM roles the client has opted to
- fulfil as part of a particular construction project, e.g., principal designer, principal
- contractor etc.
- Monitor the compliance of duty holders (Principal Designers, Principal Contractors and
- the Client) appointed on IHSE construction and maintenance projects.
- Compile evidence and written reports to communicate how duty holders are
- appropriately discharging their duties and the level of safety compliance of
- construction projects and activities delivered by IHSE.
- Assisting development and implementation of safety arrangements.
- Provide expert construction safety advice and support to those delivering construction
- projects and events on (and occasionally off) the Parliamentary Estate.
- Establish an extensive network of collaborative and respectful relationships to
- deliver a professional service and encourage a positive safety culture.
Key relationships include IHSE colleagues, the Serjeant at Arms', and Black Rod's offices, the Facilities Teams within both Houses, the Parliamentary Safety Team, Safety Centre of Excellence and consultants/ contractors working on the estate. This role will involve some night and weekend working as projects and duties require as well as some on-call cover to provide safety support where significant incidents or events may affect the business of either House. This post does not have any line management responsibility but postholders will be required to support colleagues and assist with the professional development of others within the team.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role, will hold a NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent, and ideally will be Chartered, although this is not essential.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
In return you will receive a very generous package including an allowance of up to £10,000. The list of benefits is very extensive, including but certainly not limited to the Civil Service Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, tickets to events, tickets to events, and career development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.