Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise, and they currently have an opening for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the Civils team in their central London office on a full-time permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will be required to prepare drainage and road infrastructure designs for residential and commercial developments and should be able to demonstrate that they can take a leading role on projects under the guidance of a Director.
- Undertake detailed design of highways and infrastructure projects to include geometric, drainage, earthworks and utilities diversion design, in line with appropriate design standards DMRB, SHW, MfS, Sewers for adoption, SuDs Manual and local authority design standards,
- Use of appropriate software to fulfil duties to include Infraworks, Civil 3D, Microdrainage, Navisworks and Microsoft Project,
- Prepare design and construction drawings for technical approval, tender and construction,
- Prepare S278/38, 104 and 106 technical agreements,
- Undertake Design checking,
- Carry out Site inspections and prepare site reports,
- Prepare survey scoping documents, specifications, and technical notes/reports,
- Undertake Client, project team and stakeholder liaison and consultation /coordination.
- Assist with coordination and management of project team resources in conjunction with Senior Engineers and Associates.
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent,
- A Chartered or near Chartered engineer,
- A minimum of 5 years' post graduate experience,
- Must be technically competent on roads and drainage designs,
- Experience of S278/38 Access Roads/Junctions, Drainage Strategy & SuDs, earthworks analysis (cut/fill), utilities strategy,
- Must have experience with MicroDrainage,
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
There is excellent opportunity for progression for the successful candidate. There is the potential for the successful candidate to work for 1-3 days in the office with the remainder from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a large international consultancy working on complex & iconic projects across various sectors. If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.