Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise and they currently have an opening for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the infrastructure team in their central London office on a full-time permanent basis.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate that they can take a leading role on projects under the guidance of a Director.
- Promote the company to existing and prospective clients,
- Establishing new clients,
- Client liaison in conjunction with Associate Directors and Associates,
- Actively participate in the development of engineering solutions using technical skills and experience, as well as knowledge of design and construction,
- Active involvement in all projects under their direction, including project programming and monitoring,
- Assist with coordination and management of project team resource requirements with Associates.
- Design and design philosophy development in conjunction with Project Director,
- Preparation of preliminary designs (requires Director approval prior to issue),
- Assist Project Director with fee proposal development.
- Production of technical reports.
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent,
- A Chartered or near Chartered engineer,
- A minimum of 8 years' relevant engineering experience,
- A minimum of 5 years' design and design development experience,
- Proven track record of creativity, innovation and leadership in the investigation, evaluation, design and risk assessment of geotechnical engineering solutions.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
There is excellent opportunity for progression for the successful candidate. There is the potential for the successful candidate to work for 1-3 days in the office with the remainder from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a large international consultancy working on complex & iconic projects across various sectors. If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.