Our client is a long established, international, multi- disciplinary engineering firm who work with medium to large clients on innovative projects. They are looking for an experienced Geo-Environmental Engineer to join the growing team in their Cambridge office on a full time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be involved in working on oil pollution and contaminated land investigations and delivery of innovative remedial solutions to our clients. This is a unique opportunity to manage a number of projects through from inception to completion and the role will involve both office and site based work.
- Management of specific projects and supervision of staff working on these projects, including technical management and cost appraisals. Management of staff's project management responsibilities, ensuring staff are aware of their responsibilities as a project manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that project costings (for self and team) are reviewed, accurate and approved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for financial control of allocated projects including project driven invoicing and chasing payment on outstanding invoices.
- Issuing purchase orders to, and management of, contractors and subcontractors, pro-active client management, maintaining good communication throughout the lifecycle of a project, being aware of the client's needs and providing regular progress reports and confirming any variances as they arise.
- Accountability for performance of projects managed by yourself and your team.
- Responsible for procurement and management of subcontractors for allocated projects. Ensuring that they provide the relevant health and safety method statements and risk assessments and that these procedures are followed throughout the works.
- In addition to your normal duties, you may occasionally be required to undertake additional work necessary to meet the needs of the business, without additional remuneration.
- A degree in Geology, Environmental Science or similar;
- A knowledge of Phase I and II site investigations.
- Sound knowledge of remediation techniques and their application.
- Motivated with good organisational and problem solving skills.
- Sound commercial awareness with an understanding of project budgets and timelines.
On offer for the Ge-environmental Engineer:
- A competitive salary (DOE),
- Contributory Pension Scheme,
- Training by senior team members to enable technical and managerial progression,,
- Significant support and encouragement to enable career progression,
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays,
- Encouragement towards Continuing Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society this company commits to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership,
- Agile working.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are ambitious & looking to join a highly supportive working environment where you will be pushed to reach your full potential.
If you would like to know more about this position, please apply by sending your up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered - suitable applicants will be contacted & given more details.