We are working with an award-winning independent multidisciplinary consultancy with an excellent reputation for providing a high-quality & client-focused service. They currently have an opening for a Principal Engineer to join their skilled civil and structures team on a full time permanent basis. This opening is in their Manchester office however our client has multiple offices throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will report to the Associate Director and be required to lead a project teams ensuring that the project team delivers civil and structural designs to cost, schedule and quality criteria, ensure project teams have in place appropriate skills and resources and ensure compliance with business quality & management systems.
- Day-to-day management of C&S project teams
- Ensure team compliance with company management system
- Contribute to wider development of C&S department capabilities
- Lead C&S design delivery across large single projects or multiple smaller projects, in single- or multi- discipline teams
- Implement 'Perfect Delivery'
- Report on project performance to Associate Director
- Tender preparation for projects of all sizes, including fee estimates
- Mentor, train and develop junior engineers
- Support individuals to maximise performance.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer,
- A SC clearance (can apply after joining the company,
- Conversant with current C&S design codes & standards
- Experienced in discharging responsibilities under CDM and health and safety regulations.
On offer for the principal Engineer:
- Competitive salary,
- Company car or cash allowance,
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan,
- Life assurance scheme,
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave,
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc),
- Agile working,
- Professional development.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham.