We are working with an award-winning independent multidisciplinary consultancy with an excellent reputation for providing a high-quality & client-focused service. They currently have an opening for a Civil & Structural Engineer to join their skilled civil and structures team on a full time permanent basis. This opening is in their Manchester office however our client has multiple offices throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will need to provide appropriate levels of civil and structural design to a range of different buildings and elements. You will be able to work to your own initiative and supervise trainees and other graduates as experience is gained and be able to effectively contribute towards and in the future lead and manage packages of work.
- Be responsible for the production of detailed civil and structural calculations in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
- Be fully conversant with the basics of British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to civils and structural loading, design and specification.
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing sketches or CAD drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineers and technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
- Provide support to CAD technicians, trainees and graduates in their professional development.
- Promote and achieve excellent service through Perfect Delivery
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and record documentation in accordance with company QA procedures
- Take active responsibility for maintaining calculation and drawing records.
- Develop positive relationships with customers through good professional conduct.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Knowledge and understanding of traditional building materials, e.g. Steel, Timber, Concrete and RC and overall site wide infrastructure and earthworks.
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Ability to work well within a team of other professionals (Architects, service engineers etc) in delivering designs to satisfy the agreed brief
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications.
- Student proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk REVIT would be a bonus.
On offer for the civil and structural Engineer:
- Competitive salary,
- Company car or cash allowance,
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan,
- Life assurance scheme,
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave,
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc),
- Agile working,
- Professional development.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham.