Our client, a global engineering consultancy currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join the dynamic and specialist team within their Warrington office on a full time permanent basis.
This company serves the UK nuclear industry and they pride themselves on offering experience and specialist knowledge across all aspects of the nuclear life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
As a Senior Structural Engineer you will lead the development of section capabilities within the Structures team, and provide technical support to the wider business. You will also be responsible for directing technical outputs as well as coordinating and working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas.
- Concept and Feasibility studies for multi discipline design projects.
- Analysis and Design using engineering software such as Tekla and Robot as well as producing hand calculations.
- Preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision.
- Liaising with technicians in the preparation of Revit models.
- Responsible for the management of project delivery.
- Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development.
- A degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer
- A Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE, or working toward full membership of ICE or IStructE,
- Experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork,
- An awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards,
- An understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards.
For this role you will be involved in the entire project lifecycle from initial concept design to engineering and detailed design, overseeing construction, right through to eventual decommissioning. This is particularly unique within a consultancy environment and what makes the projects and work within this role so rewarding.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages a hybrid working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
For further information please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.