Would you like to be part of an award-winning engineering firm, a career opportunity with longevity, and an inspiring team to become a valued part of?
The company has grown through investment in their team, offering a full spectrum of experience and knowledge, support, and encouragement. They pride themselves on a hands-on approach to your professional and technical development. They endeavour to give each team member vast project exposure, broadening their industry knowledge and practical experience no end.
- Designing a wide range of structures ranging from single house dwellings through to multi-storey steel, steel frame, concrete frame, portal frame and traditional domestic structures.
- Using software to assist with calculations and structural design such as MasterSeries, CSC Fastrak and Strand7.
- Preparing, detailing and reviewing drawings of the systems designed.
- Preparing design quotes and writing reports.
- Supervising, mentoring as well as checking and signing off work for Graduates and Engineers.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment with engineers in other disciplines such as geotechnical and civil/infrastructure design.
- Attending client and project meetings to build relationships and gain valuable information from clients, discussing their needs, requirements, and any design issues.
Ideally, our client is looking for the next Senior Structural Engineer to have a Bachelors or Master's Degree in Civil/Structural engineering (or equivalent), and be Chartered or working towards chartered status with ICE or IStructE. You will have hands-on design experience and the ability to work on multiple projects at one time with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As well as reviewing their salaries twice yearly, and rewarding staff based on merit, they also offer the following:
- A 4% contributory pension scheme
- 2 x life insurance policy
- Enhanced sickness pay scheme
- Generous holiday allowance of up to 26 days, and the option to buy 3 more days as additional holiday as and when needed
- Flexible working with start and finish times to suit your routine - what would work for your circumstances?
- Discounted health cash plan which can help with a number of everyday medical costs
- Cycle to work scheme
More than just a place to work:
It is not all about work, our client encourages all staff to engage in more than just engineering, offering a range of activities from sports teams and social events to community projects and fundraising. They want staff to enjoy coming to work, and building relationships is important to the collaborative working culture.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in this fantastic new role, please contact Sian Burke today on 01728 726138