Would you like to be part of an award-winning engineering firm, a career opportunity with longevity, and an inspiring team to become a valued part of?
You will be working on a wide range of projects as an Geotechnical / Geo-environmental Technician. The position is primarily field based comprising the collection of data to assist our Engineers with environmental and geo-environmental site investigations.
The role, based in Sheffield, will see you carrying out:
- Remediation verification - including garden cover systems, gas membrane verifications and tank excavations.
- Environmental monitoring - including ground gas and groundwater monitoring.
- Environmental sampling - including the collection of groundwater, surface water samples and soil and stockpile sampling.
- Carrying out and supervising trial pitting, soak-away testing, borehole investigations and verification of capping etc.
- The role involves the accurate collection, recording and logging of site data in a timely manner to assist engineers.
- You will need to build effective and strong relationships with Engineers and client contacts on projects.
- Having qualifications in Geology, Geography or Environmental Science would be an excellent academic basis for the role but not necessary. The role does not require previous site experience as training will be provided.
A full driving licence is essential. You must have a car for work purposes to which appropriate mileage will be paid to accommodate maintenance costs.
You must be willing and be able to work independently, as the role comprises traveling to sites across Yorkshire and occasionally further afield.
- A proven track record of effective communication and teamwork as well as the ability to work independently are essential to be successful in this role.
As well as reviewing our salaries twice yearly, and rewarding staff based on merit, Company benefits are;
- A 4% contributory pension scheme
- 2 x life insurance policy
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Generous holiday allowance of up to 26 days, and the option to buy 3 more days as additional holiday as and when needed
- Flexible working with start and finish times to suit your routine - what would work for your circumstances?
- Discounted health cash plan which can help with a number of everyday medical costs
- Cycle to work scheme
More than just a place to work:
It is not all about work, our client encourages all staff to engage in more than just engineering, offering a range of activities from sports teams and social events to community projects and fundraising. They want staff to enjoy coming to work, and building relationships is important to the collaborative working culture.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in this fantastic new role, please contact Sian Burke today on 01728 726138