Would you like to be part of an award-winning engineering firm, a career opportunity with longevity, and an inspiring team to become a valued part of?
The role, based in Sheffield, will see you:
- Designing and preparing drawings for surface water, sewer networks and external ground levels in the residential and commercial sectors
- Designing and preparing highway designs including vertical and horizontal geometry. Highways and Drainage design experience (S278, 38, 104)
- Working with specialist software for drainage and infrastructure design including AutoCAD, PDS, and Microdrainage/Windes
- Preparing technical schedules
- Representing Eastwood at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers when required
- Ensuring project work is carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget
- Ensuring that appropriate service/design decisions are met
- Communicating with Directors on relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved
- Coordinating your work with other members of the project team and ensuring all relevant staff are informed of client matters
- Mentoring and assisting Graduate Engineers where required
- Embracing CPD, self-learning and personal development
- Actively working towards Chartered Engineering status (where applicable)
Our client is looking for someone in infrastructure Engineering to have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil/Structural engineering (or equivalent), and be Chartered or working towards chartered status with ICE (Institute of Civil Engineers) with Atleast eight year's experience in this field.
As well as general infrastructure design experience, they are looking for candidates with residential infrastructure design experience, including drainage and highway design to adoptable standards (S38, S278 and S104 and S206).
As well as reviewing the salaries twice yearly, and rewarding staff based on merit, our client are also offering the following:
- A 4% contributory pension scheme
- 2 x life insurance policy
- Enhanced sickness pay scheme
- Generous holiday allowance of up to 26 days, and the option to buy 3 more days as additional holiday as and when needed
- Flexible working with start and finish times to suit your routine - what would work for your circumstances?
- Discounted health cash plan which can help with a number of everyday medical costs
- Cycle to work scheme
It is not all about work, our client encourages all of their staff to engage in more than just engineering, offering a range of activities from sports teams and social events to community projects and fundraising. They want our staff to enjoy coming to work, and building relationships is important to our collaborative working culture.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in this fantastic new role, please contact Sian Burke today on 01728 726138