Are you an aspiring Associate Director/ Principal Structural Engineer who is looking to take the next important step in your career? If so then we have the ideal opportunity for you.
Our client, an established and rapidly growing civil and structural engineering consultancy with several offices across the UK have asked us to help them find a talented Associate Director / Principal Structural Engineer to play a key role in establishing and leading a new team in their Sheffield office.
The successful candidate will be integral to growing a portfolio of projects within the south Yorkshire region and you will be involved in detailed design, value engineering, design delivery, project management, execution, and handover.
- Overall responsibility for delivery of projects,
- Liaising with Client Project Directors (or equivalent) to pre-empt and resolve issues,
- Present to Clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner,
- Receiving project brief and carry out briefing of the team members and lead on analysing data, development of design drawings and report production
- Acting as a Project Manager/Director as necessary including monitoring financial and commercial performance
- Ensuring technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief,
- Attending regular Project Progress and Client meetings,
- Preparing detailed Client briefs or fee proposals for Client submission and contribute to bids and tenders,
- Liaising with current and proposed Clients to maintain repeat business and generate new business,
- Establishing strong working relationships with all members of the team,
- Mentoring and supporting the development of staff within your team.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of civil and structural engineering and design,
- A minimum of 5 years' or more experience working at a senior level,
- Excellent problem-solving skills,
- Extremely strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills,
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team,
- The ability to liaise well with professionals from other disciplines,
- Excellent knowledge of relevant software (please refer to our Digital Innovation section for further details),
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously,
- Membership of a Professional (and relevant) Institution,
- A successful track record of building Client relationships,
- Proven business leader and a recognised technical expert within the within the UK Development sector
- A high degree of competence in project management.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced and ambitious engineer who wishes to take that important next career step into a senior managerial position where you will be establishing and heading up your own team.
The successful Associate Director / Principal Engineer will receive a competitive salary & generous benefits package along with a talented team of engineers & technicians to mentor.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Sian Burke for more details.