We are an employee-owned, Canadian company that is passionate about building communities that are vibrant, healthy, and resilient and support economic growth. Sustainability is part of every project we undertake, and how we operate our business. Focused locally, we offer uncompromising service to public and private sector clients across Canada.
We proudly have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 13 consecutive years and a Platinum Club member. This award recognizes our technical excellence, business performance, innovation, dedication to our staff, and involvement in the community. We have also been a Carbon Neutral Company since 2009 and have EcoAction initiatives across the company.
We know it takes dedicated, talented individuals working together to consistently deliver high-quality work and service to our clients. We achieve this by promoting collaboration, investing in our people, and fostering a culture that engages and inspires our people to be their best, maximize their potential, and think creatively while applying best practices. If you have what it takes, we want you to join us!
We are currently searching for a Project Manager to join our team!
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team active on municipal infrastructure projects, including water mains, sanitary sewers, drainage and roadways. You will provide technical expertise and project coordination while demonstrating resourcefulness, and adaptability in your role.
What we offer:
- A flexible work environment that allows for a combination of working from home and in the office. Competitive salary and benefits, including a fitness allowance, and company-matching pension program.
- Support to attain your Canadian Work Permit.
- Ongoing support for your growth and development, including a formal Professional Development program, mentorship programs, training opportunities, professional designation support and a Young Professionals Group.
- An on-site fitness centre accessible to all staff, with full amenities.
- Discounted rates at a neighboring childcare facility.
- An active Social Club that promotes social activities in and outside the office and offers subsidized tickets to local events.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a leadership role in the preparation of designs, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents, as well as participating in scheduling, budgeting, tendering, contract administration, and inspection of municipal infrastructure projects.
- Advancing projects through the concept, design, and construction phases; managing existing clients; and developing new clients.
- Delivering projects on budget and within identified schedules.
- Design, design assistance and support to other Project Managers on project delivery.
- Preparing proposals and undertaking business development and marketing initiatives.
- Acting as the primary contact for all project-related client communications.
- Participating in mentoring and coaching a team of engineers and technologists.
- Engaging in a collaborative work environment with your team as well as other disciplines and offices.
As the ideal candidate, you are an excellent communicator with effective organizational skills and leadership potential, who thrives in a dynamic work environment. Your abilities will be strengthened and grown through a range of projects focused on the delivery and management of bridge projects in Alberta. You will also have the opportunity to develop a career path focused on technical leadership, project management, client management, or a combination based on your career aspirations and qualifications.
What you will bring:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institute.
- 10+ years of progressive experience with a focus on infrastructure design and project management, including proposal preparation, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Committed team player with the ability to work independently.
- Highly motivated and interested in career advancement. Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel within Canada.