We are pleased to be working with a long established firm of civil and structural engineering consultants. This small and close-knit firm pride themselves on their commitment to providing clients with a personal and bespoke service.
Their proactive team continue to expand and they are therefore looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior Civil Engineer to join their team which is based in Cardiff. This is a career opportunity that will see the successful candidate join a successful and growing practice.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- A Chartered or near Chartered engineer,
- A minimum of 5 years' post graduate experience,
- Ideally CSCS registered card holder,
- A high degree of AutoCAD ability,
- Ability to use Micro Drainage software for network and simulation,
- Ability to use PDS or similar ground modelling and highway design soft,
- A Self-motivated, able to work on their own with minimal supervision,
- Can demonstrate clear effective communication skills both within the offices and external bodies,
- Able to design private and adoptable highway towards technical approval,
- Able to design foul and surface water drainage systems for public adoption,
- Familiar with SUDS and able to design a variety of sustainable drainage solutions,
- Familiar with principles Cut and Fill, Earthworks specification and the commercial implications of setting levels for development,
- Can demonstrate an understanding of CDM regulations and the duties of the designer.
The successful Senior Civil Engineer will become an integral member of this close knit team & will receive a competitive salary and generous benefits package. This is a friendly working environment to thrive in and offers fantastic scope for progression & development with ICE approved Training Schemes and mentoring available for candidates keen to work towards professional accreditation.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please send across an up to date CV to Sian Burke to be considered.