Our client is an award-winning engineering practice that specialises in structural & technical design. They currently have a vacancy for a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to join the team in their Bristol office on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will enjoy being part of a small and friendly team and working with colleagues across disciplines on a wide range of projects across various sectors from small to flagship projects, particularly focusing on residential buildings.
You will be working alongside other geotechnical engineers and under the direct supervision of a Ground Engineering Director, the role offers a great opportunity to learn and develop under their mentorship.
- Scoping and tendering for work,
- Carrying out site walkover surveys and Phase I Desk Studies,
- Supervising intrusive site investigations,
- Data management, writing Phase II reports,
- Foundation and retaining wall design,
- Temporary works design,
- Earthworks assessments,
- Contamination assessments and compiling remediation strategies.
- BSc Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent subject,
- Some experience of general site investigation and basic report writing,
- Keen to further develop design and consultancy skills including interpretive Phase 1 and 2 reports and geotechnical design,
- Happy to travel to sites, and therefore a valid UK driving license is required,
- Good attention to detail and strong written English language.
On offer for the Graduate Geotechnical Engineer:
- Competitive salary,
- Benefits include - contributory pension, life assurance, personal accident insurance,
- Ability to purchase additional holiday,
- Subsidised social activities.
If you think this role sounds ideal for you and you'd like to find out more about the client, please send an up to date CV to Sian Burke for more details.