Principal / Associate Geotechnical Engineer
£55k - £65k per annum
Our client is an award-winning engineering practice that specialises in structural & technical design. They currently have an exciting opportunity for competent and enthusiastic Principal / Associate Geotechnical Engineer to join the team in their London office on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will enjoy being part of a small and friendly team and working with colleagues across a broad variety of geotechnical and geo-environmental projects in addition to working on larger projects with other disciplines.
As the senior lead in the London office, you will be the focal point for other teams and external enquiries. You will be working closely with the Ground Engineering Director, while also advising and managing more junior engineers.
- Scoping and tendering for work,
- Carrying out site walkover surveys and Phase I Desk Studies,
- Supervising intrusive site investigations,
- Data management, writing Phase II reports,
- Foundation and retaining wall design,
- Temporary works design,
- Earthworks assessments,
- Contamination assessments and compiling remediation strategies.
- BSc Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent subject,
- Experience as a geotechnical engineer,
- Chartered or working towards chartered status,
- Ability to confidently plan and execute site investigations,
- Good knowledge of intrusive investigation techniques and the limitations associated with each site activity,
- Competent at logging soil and rock to BS5930 and EC7,
- Understanding of CDM health and safety requirements in site investigation,
- Ability to undertake the financial control of projects and client liaison, independently managing projects to ensure delivery on time and to budget.
On offer for the Principal / Associate Geotechnical Engineer:
- Competitive salary,
- Benefits include - contributory pension, life assurance, personal accident insurance,
- Ability to purchase additional holiday,
- Subsidised social activities.
This role requires site visits and design team meetings; therefore, a driving licence is preferable and willingness to travel is essential.
If you think this role sounds ideal for you and you'd like to find out more about the client, please send an up to date CV to Sian Burke for more details.