Our client is an award-winning engineering practice that specialises in structural & technical design. They currently have an exciting opportunity for competent and enthusiastic Principal / Associate Facade Engineer to join the team in their London office on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will enjoy being part of a small and friendly structures team and working with colleagues across a broad variety of projects from concept feasibility to detailed design and site monitoring.
You will contribute to tender packages and fee proposals as well as advise clients, building surveyors, architects, contractors and project managers on materials, product systems, performance and compliance requirements. You will prepare façade structural and thermal calculations, specifications and performance requirements.
- Undertake facades investigations independently,
- Undertake façade technical due diligence surveys in order to produce reports on site conditions,
- Address façade defects including water ingress, spontaneous breakage, combustible cladding etc.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Ideally an MSc in Façade Engineering,
- Significant experience of working as a structural façade design engineer and of façade survey technical due diligence,
- Good knowledge of advanced FEA programs including non-linear and thermal analysis programs,
- Familiar with AutoCAD and Revit software for façade detailing,
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and within written reports with clients, architects, consultants and project managers.
On offer for the Principal / Associate Facade Engineer:
- Competitive salary,
- Benefits include - contributory pension, life assurance, personal accident insurance,
- Ability to purchase additional holiday,
- Subsidised social activities.
If you think this role sounds ideal for you and you'd like to find out more about the client, please send an up to date CV to Sian Burke for more details.