Our client is an award-winning engineering practice that specialises in structural & technical design. They currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic Head of Transport Planning to join the team in their London office on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have a sound commercial acumen and enjoy being part of a small and friendly team where you can develop and lead your own team, apply your expertise to a range of projects, and develop an existing portfolio of clients.
- Responsibility for developing transport planning business through increased sales, sector market penetration and turnover,
- Managing commercially viability of work and providing technical direction,
- Work closely with the senior management team to develop and expand the Transport Planning business,
- Work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines in order to deliver the quality of service and technical expertise.
- A relevant professional qualification such as CEng or TPP and MCIHT. An MSc (or equivalent) in Transport Planning would also be desirable,
- Extensive experience in the private sector and significant experience in the public sector in development planning, having attended consultation events and prepared appeal statements,
- Commercially astute, able to prepare technical and commercial bids, reports, win work, direct and manage projects and have a track record of delivering projects to programme and budget,
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills,
- Able to develop, coach and motivate a team and support professional development,
- Able to deliver to meet client's needs and to quality and health and safety standards,
- Wide ranging expertise including knowledge of National Transport Planning Policy and guidance, DMRB design standards, manual for streets and sustainable transport, prepared transport assessments/statements, travel plans, access appraisal, traffic modelling, design of junctions, traffic management and calming schemes.
On offer for the Head of Transport Planning:
- Competitive salary,
- Benefits include - contributory pension, life assurance, personal accident insurance,
- Ability to purchase additional holiday,
- Subsidised social activities.
If you think this role sounds ideal for you and you'd like to find out more about the client, please send an up to date CV to Sian Burke for more details.