Our client is an award-winning engineering practice that specialises in structural & technical design. They currently have a vacancy for a talented Senior Structural Revit Technician to join the team in their Bristol office on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will enjoy being part of a small and friendly team and working with colleagues across disciplines on a wide range of projects across various sectors from small to flagship projects, particularly focusing on residential buildings.
An ability and desire to coach and develop more junior members of the team will also form an integral part of this role.
- To produce detailed technical drawings and models using Revit and AutoCAD,
- To help with the production of detailed drawing lists for the structural elements of a project,
- To check drawings and models for accuracy, quality, level of detail and that they meet the required deliverables, for drawings produced by yourself and by others,
- To manage your own time on projects to ensure deadlines are met and advise the Director or Project Engineer of any change in the resource requirements or target deadlines,
- To support structural projects, answering directly to the Project Director, with input from engineers as required,
- To act as a Revit expert for the office, providing advice and guidance to junior engineers and technicians as required,
- To liaise with external consultants as required,
- To work collaboratively with engineers to find solutions to design or coordination problems,
- To contribute to the development of good practise and processes,
- To encourage and develop technical drawing skills of more junior members of the team supervising and mentoring more junior members of the team as appropriate,
- When requested to do so monitor and record additional time arising from alterations and amendments to the work supported by detailed records for review by the project director.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience,
- Experience of working on building structures projects across a range of sectors, including residential.
- Able to produce accurate technical engineering drawings in a variety of materials.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Good attention to detail, conversant in all building materials with particular focus on in-situ concrete, timber, masonry and steelwork.
- Ability to undertake review and checking of RC detailing and scheduling.
On offer for the Senior Structural Technician:
- A competitive salary,
- Benefits include - contributory pension, life assurance, personal accident insurance,
- Ability to purchase additional holiday,
- Subsidised social activities.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you think this role sounds ideal for you and you'd like to find out more about the client, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.