Our client is an award-winning engineering practice that specialises in structural & technical design. They currently have an exciting opportunity for competent and enthusiastic Senior Civil Engineer to join the team in their Bristol office on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will enjoy being part of a small and friendly team and working with colleagues providing support to the civils design, transport planning and hydrology teams, working on an interesting range of projects throughout the region and across different sectors including: residential, commercial, industrial, education and health.
As a key member of the team, you will work on infrastructure, highways and drainage design, scheme development, preliminary and detailed designs.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD including the use and management of external references, control of coordinates and units,
- Experience in the production of highways, drainage and residential development designs,
- Experience of Windes / PDS / Civils 3D / Site 3D, training may be provided as required,
- Experience in the production of ground models, horizontal and vertical geometry for road design, drainage modelling, residential site 3D design,
- Understanding of relevant design codes such as DMRB, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Design Construction Guidance for adoptable sewers, Building Regulations etc,
- Experience in production of designs for adoption such as S38 / S278 / S104 / S106,
- Proven ability to produce work to a high quality standard,
- Ability to apply technical understanding independently and draw on experience in order to anticipate areas that need further information or development and develop appropriately detailed designs,
- Ability to work autonomously; including liaising directly with clients and leading client meetings where engineer input is required,
- Enthusiasm to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver work to deadlines and to a high quality,
- Ability and desire to lead multiple projects, keeping to deadlines and managing resources/costs,
- Ability and desire to assist junior team members with training and mentoring to improve their knowledge base and experience.
On offer for the Senior Civil Engineer:
- Competitive salary,
- Benefits include - contributory pension, life assurance, personal accident insurance,
- Ability to purchase additional holiday,
- Subsidised social activities.
This role would suit an engineer that already has several years of experience of working within the Civil Engineering industry and is looking for anew challenge.
If you think this role sounds ideal for you and you'd like to find out more about the client, please send an up to date CV to Sian Burke for more details.