If you consider yourself to be a first class Senior Civil / Structural engineer with a CV to prove it then we would like to hear from you!
Our client, an established & progressive and independently owned multi-disciplinary consultancy is seeking high calibre candidates for a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer position within their office in Caernarfon. Hybrid & remote working patterns are also an option. This exciting opportunity also offers progression to a directorship and share ownership for the right candidate.
You will demonstrate a passion for design drive and motivation in addition to being a good team player who is keen to make a positive contribution to the work environment.
- Advise (Managing) Director of potential new projects, obtain briefing from client and contribute to Go/No-go discussions,
- Prepare proposal in accordance with agreed approach and review with (Managing) Director prior to issue. Obtain authorisation to issue proposal,
- Confirm acceptance of proposals by client,
- Contribute to project start-up review and prepare programme and quality plan in accordance with it,
- Ensure CDM status is completed,
- Manage and monitor designers and technicians including ensuring that all outputs are checked and approve before issuing externally,
- Provide technical input as required including design, specification, risk assessments and details as appropriate,
- Agree and record changes to brief with client and liaise with (Managing) Director regarding additional fees and time sheets,
- Monitor financial performance of project and submit invoices regularly,
- At completion of project ensure that all outstanding matters are resolved and project is archived,
- Assist with credit control on projects.
- A degree/Meng in civil or structural engineering,
- Chartered within ICE or IStructE or near chartered,
- A minimum of 5 years' UK consultancy experience,
- Technical design excellence and detailed understanding of relevant approvals processes for highways and drainage design/adoption, including SuDS,
- Up to date knowledge of current UK Codes of Practice, Design Standards, Building Regulations, and Health and Safety,
- ideally, experience of CESMM and NEC,
- excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with clients, other members of the team and produce well-written, concise reports,
- experience of managing and mentoring a team of engineers and technicians or a strong interest in developing in this area,
- A full UK driving licence.
An in-depth knowledge of the building process is vital as the successful Senior Civil / Infrastructure Engineer will work on a range of schemes from concept to completion.
Your knowledge, motivation and initiative will win you this role.
To discuss this Senior Civil / Structural Engineer role in detail please get in touch with Sian Burke.