Are you an ambitious, rail focused, Senior /Principal Engineer with aspirations to join one of the UK's leading consultancies? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and talented engineer with previous consultancy experience to join the professional team in their Redhill office to work on exciting rail infrastructure and redevelopment projects on a full time, permanent basis. This team have a strong reputation for quality, technical knowledge and providing public and private sector clients with commercially focused solutions.
- Leading rail projects including delivering civils and structures design works,
- Ensuring company culture of safety and commitment to the environment is maintained and promoted throughout our delivery teams,
- Managing and delivering significant high value programme of major multi-disciplinary infrastructure bids & projects,
- Client engagement to support rail project delivery,
- Maintaining and further developing existing teams to continue delivering world class engineering projects on time and to budget,
- Understanding and meeting the client's business needs and for them to feel confident in the commitment to deliver,
- Ensuring the work is carried out cost effectively and to specification,
- Capable of working under pressure, delivering high-quality written reports and compelling bids to tight deadlines,
- Contributing to bid proposals for our target opportunities,
- Managing and coordinating delivery of rail bids working closely with other technical discipline leads,
- Ensuring a culture of safety and commitment to the environment is maintained and promoted throughout delivery teams
- Representing the company with clients for projects under responsibility.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer,
- Experience in managing and leading client relationships, reporting on progress and managing work within budget and to programme;
- Able to check and sign off technical design work,
- Experience in the planning, design and construction of residential, commercial and industrial developments from conception to technical approval;
- Leading on a range of projects or acting as technical discipline lead for larger projects,
- Experience in working in collaborative teams with clients, contractors, external design team members, local authorities, statutory bodies and other third parties;
- Leading and mentoring a small team of engineers and technicians located in the local office or other offices across the country,
- Experience of working within project teams and supervising team members, including mentoring junior staff to become Chartered,
- Design and specification of civils drainage, earthworks and / or highways,
- An understanding of service utilities, drainage and external works design and modelling,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports on technical matters,
- Use of technical design tools such as MicroDrainage, Civils 3D and AutoCAD, or equivalents.
The successful candidate will be an individual who aspires to help shape the future of this company and will therefore have the ability to be creative, motivate a team and impress clients. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a blend of office and home working to suit individual needs.
For more details and an opportunity to be considered for this fantastic role please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham or call him on 01728 726120.