We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The structures team in our client's Bristol office are looking to appoint a recently Chartered or near Chartered Structural Engineer to help deliver work on major defence and nuclear projects in the south west.
The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 3 days per week from a client office or construction site in Devon or Somerset.
Projects: Education, Commercial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation.
- Deliver and lead multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to programme.
- Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project.
- Be a technical champion within the team.
- Assist in managing the broader team through mentoring and training.
- A degree in Structural or Civil Engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE) or near Chartered,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support our client relationships.
- Ability to manage and work to budget and program, to control costs and manage change control processes.
- A technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
- Experience in several, and ideally all of the following areas;
- UK MoD Defence Projects (JSP's, CTM etc)
- Submarine Facilities Design
- Nuclear Projects (Satisfying Safety Cases)
- Seismic Design and Detailing (Steel and Concrete to US Codes)
- Maritime Design (BS 6349)
- Heavy Civils Design
- Building Design
- Acting as a Discipline Lead
- Design and/or Project Management,
- This should include experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understanding of current design standards and working practices.
On offer for the Senior Structural Engineer:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Excellent work / life balance.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more about this fantastic opportunty, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.