Would you like to be part of an award-winning UK multi-discipline consultancy with the opportunity to work on varied and exciting projects? If so then this could be the ideal role for you. Due to continued success and growth my client is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join the expert team in their Bristol office.
The successful candidate will undertake all aspects of the design from pre-planning, conceptual design through to the production of as-built drawings. Offering client care and advice that few can match - this consultancy holds an enviable reputation and can offer genuine career progression.
Projects: Education, Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation.
- Use your technical skills and knowledge on a wide range of building structures and apply to various circumstances.
- Develop conceptual solutions to problems through to detailed design.
- Contribute to the development of the multi-disciplined project team's approach.
- Assist in the execution of projects within defined design and cost parameters.
- Undertake research, data collection and presentation of information.
- Present results to clients under supervision of an Atkins lead designer.
- Comply with Quality and Technical Assurance Procedures.
- Be aware of and work in compliance with BIM standards, Digital Plan of Work and the project BIM Execution plan.
- Experience with parametric modelling software and software coding (Dynamo, python, C++ etc.) is desirable and may be a development target.
- Represent Atkins on site visits and at design team meetings.
- Assist/mentor the development of apprentice and less experienced staff.
- Be proactive in self-development.
- Help maintain a broad range of skills within the team to ensure full support is provided to the design staff.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Chartered Engineer, MIStructE or MICE, or nearly Chartered.
- Experience in successfully leading the structural engineering delivery of small projects including the management of small, focused project teams to deliver to agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understating of current design standards and working practices.
- Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support client relationships.
- You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
On offer for the Structural Engineer:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Excellent work / life balance
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity please contact Graham Ventham today on 01728 726120