We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Civil Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The team in our client's Bristol office are looking to appoint a Associate Civil Engineer to help deliver work on a range of projects in the south west including defence. The ideal candidate would be a well-rounded civil engineer, technically competent, with exemplary communication skills.
Projects: Multiple sectors including transportation, energy, and defence
- Undertake, and technically lead teams in Civil Engineering designs and Coordination.
- Prepare briefs, scopes of work, and input into bid proposals.
- Successfully manage time and budgets to key project milestones and programmes.
- Work closely with teams in the UK and overseas to deliver integrated design solutions.
- Adhere to quality assurance standards in design.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer with strong experience track record.
- Experience in design delivery, including coordinating with other disciplines in multidisciplinary design.
- Sound knowledge in design and analysis of heavy concrete and steel structures, and familiarity with current design standards and working practices, both British Standards and American codes.
- Experience leading a design team.
- Experience in business development and successful competitive tendering.
- Take accountability and responsibility for work carried out by the individual or the team.
- Work well with and form relationships with others, including the client team, other disciplines, and contractors at all levels (junior - senior) inside and outside the business.
- Be self-motivated to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Experience working with and negotiating with key project stakeholders including regulatory, statutory, and local bodies.
- Produce designs following CDM regulations.
- Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting, and influencing skills.
On offer for the Associate Civil Engineer:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Excellent work / life balance.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more about this fantastic opportunty, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.