We have an exciting opportunity for a BIM Technician to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
This role would suit a technician with a passion for BIM who is interested in developing the capability of an existing engineering team where you will produce the required 3D models and 2D drawings.
Projects: Airports, Defence, Energy, Marine, Civil Infrastructure, Transportation, Water, Education, Commercial/ Residential and Rail in the UK and Abroad. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary capability and bring exciting opportunities to influence major projects from beginning to end.
- Understand and working to the project BIM requirements within the Common Data Environment (CDE).
- Producing intelligent 3D models and constantly adding more value to the client by extracting more and more information directly from the model, 2D drawings, Pipe Schedules, Setting out etc.
- 2D drawings and design sketches to the required standards and quality.
- Produce coordinated outputs across various disciplines.
- Assist BIM Coordinator and Lead Design Engineer in formulating design deliverables and programmes.
- Actively contribute to project design development by collaborating closely with project stakeholders, contributing to internal coordination, clash detection and design review workshops.
- Collaborate as necessary with our Global Design Centre in India to ensure we produce fully integrated designs.
- Analyse and manipulate models and drawings received from third parties including suppliers.
- Analyse and manipulate base maps and GIS data.
- Deliver in accordance with the agreed programme.
- Produce as-built records, liaising with the construction team to clarify details as necessary.
- Undertake 4D BIM Project timeline modelling.
- A relevant qualification e.g. BIM qualification, ONC/OND, HNC/HND or Diploma,
- An understanding of ISO19650.
- Technical awareness/knowledge of engineering design issues.
- Awareness of health and safety including CDM issues and design risks.
- Track record in BIM design and coordination including multidisciplinary projects and ideally demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment with emphasis on large projects that have primarily been led by Civils.
- Proven experience of a range of CAD and BIM industry standards generally; with.
- An expert Technical proficiency in the use of at least one of the common industry CAD and BIM design software packages: Autodesk (Civils 3D, Revit, Plant 3D), Bentley (MicroStation, Navisworks, Bentley View), Teckla, Aveva PDMS etc.
- Ability to pick up new software and gain a working knowledge quickly.
- Technical proficiency in at least one of the common CDE systems: ProjectWise, Autodesk Vault, AVEVA (PDMS) etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible and engaging with resilience, drive and self-motivation.
- Ability to exercise initiative and take ownership of project issues.
- Valid driving licence.
- Excellent time management.
On offer for the BIM Technician:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Excellent work / life balance.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more about this fantastic opportunty, please send an updated CV to Sian Burke to be considered.