We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The Infrastructure Division in their Derby office cover all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to detailed scheme design and delivery support and the Civil Engineer will support their increasing workload. Candidates are required to be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team in leading and managing packages of work to completion.
- Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of projects across UK and international project lifecycles: feasibility studies, front-end to detailed design (incl. Design and Build), and construction support
- Lead and contribute to work winning through production of proposals, fees, and scope definition, in response to client tenders, in accordance with bid management system.
- Client or contractor engagement (incl. Design & Build) to lead and contribute to discussions on technical water civil engineering solutions, to technical and non-technical clients - both during project delivery and bidding stages.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary environment across teams Worldwide, including the UK, to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Lead and contribute to the efficient delivery of projects to meet programme and budget, complying with company business management governance
- Production and review of design deliverables including engineering design calculation, drawings and report writing for projects in accordance with relevant design standard, codes and company design management system.
- Lead and contribute to quality and safe design of technical solutions for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes.
- Lead and contribute to the application of digital engineering initiatives and innovative advances in water sector solutions
- Act as a mentor to other team members, potentially with line management responsibility.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- CEng, IEng, MICE or equivalent or nearing Professional Qualification status,
- Hands on experience of design/design-&-build/project and bid delivery in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector Worldwide (UK and Gulf regions particularly).
- A strong technical water sector background, incl. knowledge of relevant UK and international codes and standards, for water and/or wastewater infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure assets.
- Highly motivated, organised and with a strong desire to lead and contribute to technical excellence within project teams and wider team/practice,
- Experience of working with contractors to deliver the successful implementation of engineering solutions, including the Design & Build environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a multidisciplinary team including with Clients, Contractors and colleagues alike.
- Good understanding of digital initiatives and its application in the water industry.
- Flexible approach to work type and locations for project assignments, including overseas working or visits, if required.
The successful Senior Civil Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.