Civil Design Engineer | Highways | Drainage | Long Term Contract
Your new company
Hays are currently working in partnership with a large infrastructure company to support with their ongoing recruitment campaign for a £500m+ project expected to last 10+ years. They are looking to appoint a number of Civil Design Engineers on a long term contract basis, with the option to work a hybrid pattern, remotely from home and out of any one of their hub offices across central and northern Scotland.
Your new role & what you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of technical design, leading a dedicated design engineering team taking schemes from inception through design to construction.
- Recently qualified Chartered Engineer MICE, MIHE, MCIHT, MIStructE or TPP
- Demonstrable experience of delivering competent designs of minor improvements such as major junction layouts including traffic signals, lining and signing schemes for both the trunk and local road networks
- Principal Designer with working knowledge of current CDM and H&S requirements
- Computer literate and conversant with relevant engineering software packages such Keylines, Keyposts, Civils 3D
- Experience in technical delivery as well as delivering traffic and transportation schemes.
- An ability to produce or oversee the production of technically sound transportation engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements working under supervision
- Experience in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a long term contract role, with the potential to become a permanent position further down the line. As mentioned above, you will be able to adopt a hybrid working model and can be based in a number of any one of our client's offices in central or northern Scotland. The hourly rate for this role is negotiable dependent upon your experience and preferred payment type, but will be in the region of £30-40ph.
Please note that this role falls in scope of IR35.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.