We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Highways Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious names in multi-disciplinary engineering services in a role that will offer the successful candidate a career working on some of the most exciting and challenging engineering projects around the globe.
The transportation team in their Cambridge office cover all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to detailed scheme design and delivery support and they require an experienced engineer to take on the role of managing their existing highways team.
- Expanding the Cambridge team, with responsibilities for recruitment, winning work, welfare issues and ensuring high quality of delivery and governance,
- Responsibility for coordinating resources to exceed Client expectations, working within budget expectations, building a network of external and internal Clients,
- Line managing, supporting and mentoring the local team and creating multi-disciplinary teams to meet workload demands,
- Promoting collaboration and driving efficiency, embracing emerging technology and minimising environmental impacts,
- Helping to win and develop new work by developing and maintaining excellent professional relationships with Clients,
- Supporting the Market teams and preparing work proposals (fees and technical proposals),
- Deputise for the Practice Manager, working with appropriate autonomy within the delegated authority.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or a relevant qualification,
- A Chartered or near Chartered engineer,
- Demonstrable experience of managing highway engineering teams with a track record of developing others,
- Proven leadership qualities with an ability to develop collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
On offer for the Principal Highways Engineer:
- A generous salary and flexible benefits package,
- Professional membership fees paid,
- Private medical insurance,
- Flexible and hybrid working,
- Free parking.
If you would like to know more about this exciting opportunity, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.