We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Highways Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The transportation team in their Birmingham office covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management, from inception and options appraisal through to detailed design and delivery/construction support. It is their centre of excellence for the design of roads and rail infrastructure projects.
- Leading highway design delivery for various multi-disciplinary projects,
- Deriving potential design solutions by using excellent analytical skills to solve engineering problems and applying engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options,
- Overseeing the production of design documentation for highway schemes, including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications to programme and budget,
- Check and review of deliverables produced by project teams,
- Assisting with the preparation of fee offers for agreement with the client,
- Working collaboratively across the company,
- Developing more junior staff by technical training and mentoring.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- Experience in highway alignment design including links and junctions,
- A thorough comprehension of technical standards relating to highway design,
- Experience of client interface in conjunction with other senior staff,
- Proven ability to advise clients on technical matters,
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members,
- A willingness to work flexibly to deliver projects to time and budget.
On offer for the Senior Highways Engineer:
- A generous salary and flexible benefits package,
- Professional membership fees paid,
- Private medical insurance,
- Flexible and hybrid working,
- Free parking.
If you would like to know more about this excellent opportunity please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.