We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Highways Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The transportation team in their Birmingham office covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management, from inception and options appraisal through to detailed design and delivery/construction support. It is their centre of excellence for the design of roads and rail infrastructure projects.
- Supporting the Project Team in designing highway schemes.
- Preparing scheme drawings, from feasibility design through to detailed design.
- Preparing or checking horizontal and vertical alignments in 3D models.
- Ensuring tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Co-ordinating the highway design process and integrating with other design disciplines within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working alongside Clients and stakeholders on technical aspects of projects.
- Keeping up-to-date with current methods and design guidelines.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- Appropriate previous experience of working in this field.
- Ability to act on own initiative and operate in a proactive way.
- Ability to work collaboratively and integrate into multi-disciplinary teams or work independently.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Experienced in preparing drawings and reports.
- Working towards professional qualifications.
On offer for the Assistant Highways Engineer:
- A generous salary and flexible benefits package,
- Professional membership fees paid,
- Private medical insurance,
- Flexible and hybrid working,
- Free parking.
If you would like to know more about this excellent opportunity please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.