We have an exciting opportunity for a 3D Civil Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
My Client is looking for a 3d Civil Engineer to support the infrastructure engineering services in a range of projects, working withing a multidisciplinary team of engineering disciplines and services. Involved in a range of solution focused projects of some of the worlds most challenging and innovative engineering projects. Including but not exclusive to, Education, water, Transportation, marine, defence and energy, Commercial and residential in rail in the UK and abroad.
This office based in Bristol is thriving and looking for someone to fit in with their expert team.
- Understand and working to the project BIM requirements within the Common Data Environment (CDE).
- Producing intelligent 3D models and constantly adding more value to the client by extracting more and more information directly from the model, 2D drawings, Pipe Schedules, Setting out etc.
- 2D drawings and design sketches to the required standards and quality.
- Assist BIM Coordinator and Lead Design Engineer in formulating design deliverables and programmes.
- Actively contribute to project design development by collaborating closely with project stakeholders, contributing to internal coordination, clash detection and design review workshops.
- Collaborate as necessary with our Global Design Centre in India to ensure we produce fully integrated designs.
- Analyse and manipulate models and drawings received from third parties including suppliers.
- Analyse and manipulate base maps and GIS data.
- Produce as-built records, liaising with the construction team to clarify details as necessary.
- Undertake 4D BIM Project timeline modelling.
- Upload to the CDE of the required information at relevant stages of design or data drops with support of the CDE Administrator.
- Partake in training and skills updating to meet design delivery requirements.
- An understanding of ISO19650.
- Problem solving attitude
- Technical awareness/knowledge of engineering design issues.
- Awareness of health and safety including CDM issues and design risks.
- Track record in BIM design and coordination including multidisciplinary projects and ideally demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment with emphasis on large projects that have primarily been led by Civils.
- Proven experience of a range of CAD and BIM industry standards.
- An expert Technical proficiency in the use of at least one of the common industry CAD and BIM design software packages: Autodesk (Civils 3D, Revit, Plant 3D), Bentley (MicroStation, Navisworks, Bentley View), Teckla, Aveva PDMS etc.
- Ability to pick up new software and gain a working knowledge quickly.
- Technical proficiency in at least one of the common CDE systems: ProjectWise, Autodesk Vault, AVEVA (PDMS) etc.
- Qualification/s such as:
- Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations.
- Level 2/3 (NVQ) Diploma in Engineering.
- Level 3 Certificate in Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing.
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Construction Design and Draughting.
- BIM professional qualifications (RIBA, BRE, ICE etc).
- ONC/OND Engineering.
- HNC/HND Engineering.
- A member of the Engineering Council (or an appropriate alternative) and an appropriate professional body such as:
- Engineering Technician (EngTech) is desirable.
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment but also to work independently and in a client environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible and engaging with resilience, drive and self-motivation.
- Ability to exercise initiative and take ownership of project issues.
- Valid driving licence.
- Excellent time management.
An understanding of CAD/GIS interoperability and GIS technology.
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
Please note, this position may require security clearance.
If you would like to know more about this fantastic opportunity, please send an updated CV to Sian Burke to be considered.